Thursday 4 December 2008

an open letter to an electrical appliance



dear mister washer-dryer combo,

i think we got off on the wrong foot... when i first met you on monday morning, i'll admit, i was a bit taken with you... you wash and you dry ... you're like my cute girl friends that i can take to gay bars...you're cute and you get boys for me..  i thought it would be a match made in heaven...

but, on our first date, you decided you wanted to wash my wool pants... err, trousers... instead of slightly dry them after being jampacked into a suitcase for too long.  what's up with that? i thought you were just being, as they say, "cheeky" so i was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.  what's a little high water cuffs when you live right on the bank of the thames anyway, eh mate?

now you decide you want to "child lock" my whites in the machine so ALL you will do is dry them... Child lock?  what the heck is that?  who asks children to do laundry these days anyway?  it's all very oliver twist, i think.  Anyway, i do wish you'd give me back my whites... my best mate papa doe is coming tomorrow and he'll definitely need a white towel after his long journey over.  if you could ever so kindly relinquish my clothes, i promise to stop laughing at your last name... (SIEMENS!?!?! hahahahahaha)

xoxo
cheeky pint


2 comments:

  1. I think washer-dryer combo and patty will get along great. Patty is very influential in the appliance circle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made my day.
    I always live in a black and white world. You either wash or you dry, you can't do both. Damn liberal Brits want everything to intermingle. What is that about?

    ReplyDelete